Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby News

If my Doctor takes her when he said he would I'm at my 5 week count down, Warren keeps telling me to quit planning on it, if I was smart I would. But lets be honest, who wouldn't be excited about the chance to cheat mother nature out of a short 6 weeks?! I really didn't have a lot to report after my last appointment, baby is still growing and staying put which is what we want. The Doctor tested me for Strep B early and sure enough it came back positive, he put me on an antibiotic now instead of waiting in case I do go into labor early, we'll do a dose now and a dose later before my C Section. I want to vent about nerves for a minute... maybe two... The "Butt" nerve as I call it. If anyone comes across a young mother complaining slightly about having Sciatica while Pregnant with her first baby, tell her she needs to run, not walk, to get it fixed! I wish I would've fixed mine as soon as I knew what was going on. 4 pregnancies later I'm so crippled I can hardly move, my Sciatica has gradually gotten worse with each baby. It went from pinching in my final weeks and only on one side and only every once in a while to pinching in the very first few weeks, on both sides ALL the TIME! I've forgotten how it feels to walk without sharp pains shooting from the middle of my back all the way down to my knees! So, like I said, if anyone knows of anyone with Sciatica during Pregnancy to take care of it now so they don't end up like me and thinking, "I'm almost done having babies, I can handle it for one more Pregnancy!" I'm desperate enough right now, if my Doc gives me the go ahead, I'm making a trip to SLC to the Laser guy just to make it through my last few weeks! That's enough whining, Warren paid me a huge compliment the other day to someone he was talking to, they were giving him a hard time about all the cooking and cleaning he was having to do and he laughed and said that really he was very lucky because I wasn't the kind of person to lay around and milk it for all it was worth and that if it was him, he would whine a lot more than I do, what a sweet guy! My next appointment is on the 17th, he said from here on out he would see me every other or every week just depending on how things are going!

2 comments:

  1. Glad I read this. This is my 5th baby and I have never had sciatica until this pregnancy. It hurts terribly though, but I still wear my heels to church anyway and pay for it the next day. Mine was just on one side and it just barely started switching between both legs. I have not very long left now. I am 32 weeks. Thank goodness back in July I wondered how I was going to make it :) Your kiddos are cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenn! Good to know I'm not the only one, and I hear ya on the heels! Warren gets after me because I have a hard enough time walking as it is! Sciatica is miserable that's for sure! Your Family is growing fast, can't wait til we find out what your baby is!

      Delete